The Institute of Basic Sciences (IBS) Center for Multidimensional Carbon Materials (CMCM) invites applicants for a Research Fellow/Research Assistant position with a background in thermal/vaccum engineering, engineering instrumentation and systems, or applied physics. The position is open now and applications will be reviewed immediately upon receipt.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have a strong background in thermal engineering particularly in the design of high temperature furnaces, and hands on experience in their design and assembly.
· Have experience with kinetic control of phase transformation of carbon or related materials at high temperature.
· Have experience with various types of heating regimes including resistive, induction based heating and other heating methods.
· Have experience in the use of finite element modeling software to model heat flow in a number of scenarios.
· Have experience to design and build other related equipments in addition to high temperature furnaces such as high temperature reactor, CVDs and so on.
· And will have good ability with spoken and written English.
· Design and build thermal equipments such as furnace or ovens.
· Design and build other equipment as needed by Director Ruoff and his team.
· Engage with local companies and the machine shop for maintenance and assembly.
· Perform studies for kinetic/thermodynamic control of carbon phase-transition and its mechanism.
Send the following documents to Cherin Sohn via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· CV with full records of education, professional career and publications. Please include examples of equipment and systems that you have designed and built.
· List of references (at least 3)
· E-mail : email@example.com
· Homepage : http://cmcm.ibs.re.kr
· Office : +82-52-217-5753
· Fax : +82-52-217-5759